Many say that the Shortbread cookie is the cookie for the Holiday's, it's been a favorite of mine for some time now. Here's a simple recipe to enjoy the simple pleasures that make life so sweet!
2 cups white flour
1 cup butter
1/2 cup icing (confectioners or 10-x powdered sugar
1 egg yolk
dash of salt
3 or 4 caps of almond flavoring (up to 1 tablespoon)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. In a medium bowl soften butter slightly.
3. Stir in sugar, salt, almond flavoring, and egg yolk with a spoon. Gradually add flour to butter mix, combining thoroughly.
4. Turn onto a floured board and knead lightly until dough begins to crack. Roll out 1/4" thick and cut into shapes.
5. Place shapes on ungreased cookie sheet. Bake at 350 degree until delicately brown (8-10 minutes).
6. Cool completely on wire racks. Store in airtight cookie tin.
Enjoy with family and friends! If you're gifting these, or bringing them along to a party you can wrap them up in a festive tea towel and ribbon or place them in a basket lined with beautiful napkins.
Have you had the time to make some scrumptious sweets? What cookies have you baked so far, any family favorites? Please post your favorite cookies (or recipes if you're really ambitious!) that make your Holiday's brighter and tighter in the waistline!
Be Beautiful, Live Beautiful, Feel Beautiful